Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil, hold fast to what is good. Romans 12:9

Friday, September 14, 2012

BLT and my garden

About a year ago, Sara told me that the next time I went to Braums I needed to get a chicken club, only I hadn't heard her right, so when I finally was able to go to Braums I ordered chicken strips. As I was eating I looked over at what Dad had gotten and thought it looked really good, It was a BLT with chicken in it, when we got home I told Sara how I had gotten the chicken strips like she said to, she then corrected me saying it was a BLT with chicken in it that she thought I should of gotten. So when Mom went food shopping yesterday I called her and asked her to pick up stuff for us to make chicken clubs for supper, hoping I would finally get one with out having to go all the way to Braums, she said she would, but we didn't have the time to cook  the chicken so we decided to use sandwich turkey slices, so I cook all the bacon and and toast all the bread only to find out we don't have tomatoes! It's this time when I wish I hadn't let my  garden go up in weeds! In the end the sandwich tasted pretty good but I wouldn't consider it a real chicken club! I don't know why I'm putting these up here, maybe it's so I can see how nice the garden looked back then and try making it that nice now. These pictures were of my first year of gardening in 2010, hopefully next year it will look nice again!


                                  There is actually a fence around it now.



                                        Oh look tomatoes!


                                                 More  tomatoes.

                                        And lettuce!

               
                                         More lettuce.



                                                        Onions!



                                           Little cucumbers!


                                         A anaheim pepper flower!


                                          Would ya look at that!


                                         

                             
                                                strawberries!
                                          

                                           More onions.
 

                                             Thyme
                                             

                                              Oh look Due berries behind the garden.
                                              
          Well good bye for now, hopefully next summer I can put up pictures of it then.

No comments: